The Practitioner Directory is a free resource listing artist residencies, funding schemes and professional development programmes open to interdisciplinary artists working in Scotland. This guide is updated on a regular basis – for the most recent edition, see the links below.
New in 2023: a section on international residencies and a list of websites where you can find more regularly updated news, calls and funding opportunities.
The first versions of the guide were produced in January 2022 – you can access them here:
For suggested additions or corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most of the schemes listed support interdisciplinary practice but a few have a specific artform focus (along with a record of supporting artists working between/within multiple artforms).
- A number of schemes are suspended or under review following the 2020/21 global pandemic – but most organisations (such as Jerwood Arts) have a mailing list for updates and announcements.
- For details of funds managed by Creative Scotland, see: https://www.creativescotland.com/funding/
- This resource compliments other resources offers by organisations such as Arts Admin and the Live Art Development Agency.
- For more on how this resource was compiled, read this blog entry.