The Practitioner Directory is a free resource listing artist residencies, funding schemes and professional development programmes open to interdisciplinary artists working in Scotland. It was created because not all support schemes are created with experimental work in mind, and in recognition of how live artists might especially value time and space to explore process, free from the demand to make new work.
This guide is updated each year, typically in the Spring – for the most recent edition, see the links below.
New in 2023: a section on international residencies and a list of websites where you can find more regularly updated news, calls and funding opportunities.
The first versions of the guide were produced in January 2022 – you can access them here:
For suggested additions or corrections, please email email@example.com
- Most of the schemes listed support interdisciplinary practice but a few have a specific artform focus (along with a record of supporting artists working between/within multiple artforms).
- A number of schemes are suspended or under review following the 2020/21 global pandemic – but most organisations (such as Jerwood Arts) have a mailing list for updates and announcements.
- For details of funds managed by Creative Scotland, see: https://www.creativescotland.com/funding/
- This resource compliments other resources offers by organisations such as Arts Admin and the Live Art Development Agency.
- For more on how this resource was compiled, read this blog entry.